Personal injury cases typically involve bodily injuries a person suffers at the hands of another person or entity, such as a business. California law requires that all people act with sufficient care, and they are legally liable when their conduct falls below a certain threshold.
At Kalfayan Merjanian, LLP, our personal injury lawyers in Huntington Beach have helped many victims bring personal injury claims. Call us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our lawyers.
What Types of Personal Injury Cases Do We Handle?
Accidents occur every day of the week in California. Someone fails to be sufficiently careful, and they strike or harm another person as a result. There are many types of personal injury claims, but some of the more common include:
Our experienced Huntington beach personal injury attorneys handle a wide array of personal injury cases. We know how stressul these events can be in one’s life and we are here to help victims of harmful, negligent acts. We protect our clients’ rights and handle every case with the attention, respect, and personalized strategy it deserves.
Our personal injury firm is prepared and capable of representing clients in need of assistance with the following personal injury cases and more:
- Car Accidents: Negligent, reckless, or distracted motorists can easily plow into someone, leading to wrecks. Some accidents are also caused by faulty roads or defective vehicles.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Accidents involving motorcycles can be extremely serious. With limited protection, motorcyclists can suffer traumatic brain injuries, internal bleeding, and other life-threatening injuries due to negligent drivers, poor road conditions, and more.
- Premises Liability: A property owner must keep their property reasonably safe for visitors. Unfortunately, many owners create hazards or fail to warn visitors of hazards they discover. Property accidents can occur in business or in public buildings.
- Truck Accidents: truck accident victims have the right to claim compensation for economic and non-economic losses. Our Huntington Beach truck accident attorneys help clients maximize that compensation.
- Uber & Lyft Accidents: Ridesharing companies and accidents related to them can be extremely complex. These companies are subject to ridesharing insurance regulations and our firm can help clients navigate these complex rules and regulations.
- Wrongful Death: When a loved one passes away due to an incident that could have been prevented, it’s devastating. Families and friends deserve to hold those negligent parties accountable for the wrongful passing of their loved one(s).
- Defective Products: A product should work as a consumer expects. Unfortunately, some explode in a person’s face or otherwise fail. We have seen products liability cases brought for defective furniture, clothing, exercise equipment, and household implements. Some products are defective because the manufacturer failed to provide adequate warnings or instructions.
- Slip and Fall Injuries: Business owners owe patrons a standard of safety when they’re on their property. If they don’t take proper protocol or keep their premises safe, they can held liable for injuries sustained while there.
These are only some of the more common personal injury cases we have handled. If you believe someone has injured you, then please call us so we can review your case.
Types of Personal Injuries
Our clients often suffer painful injuries due to some traumatic impact or blow. Some of the more common injuries are:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Strains or sprains
- Nerve damage
- Concussion or traumatic brain injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Spinal cord damage, including paralysis
These injuries often require thousands of dollars in medical care—surgery, trips to the doctor, and rehabilitation. They also might prevent a victim from going back to work. Fortunately, California law allows victims to seek compensation for these economic losses.
We also cannot overlook the emotional toll that many accidents take on our clients, many of whom suffer from anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and fear. These negative emotions can dramatically impair someone’s quality of life. Although more difficult to attain, California law allows for compensation for emotional harms, especially when they result from accidents and bodily injuries.
Why an Attorney Is Critical
Personal injury cases are not easy to settle. The person or entity who injured you might deny responsibility. Or if they admit fault, they might minimize the severity of your injuries and offer only peanuts.
Victims get one shot to secure a fair settlement, and a lawyer is a big help. A seasoned Huntington Beach personal injury attorney can:
- Collect evidence to determine fault. For example, in a premises liability claim, an attorney can visit the scene, obtain security footage, and interview witnesses. Many accident victims are too injured to do any of this on their own.
- Properly document injuries. An accident victim probably has sizeable medical bills and substantial lost income. However, you need to establish these losses with a reasonable degree of certainty.
- Handle all communications and paperwork. Negotiating a settlement is exhausting. Our attorneys do all the work so that our clients can focus on recovery.
- Sue in court, if necessary. Not all personal injury claims settle. Going to court is sometimes the only way to secure a favorable settlement. An attorney understands the rules of civil procedure and can protect a client’s rights.
This is a financially stressful time. We get it. Many people are struggling with outsized medical bills at a time when they cannot work and bring home any income. For this reason, many accident victims believe they cannot hire an attorney.
Fortunately, the Huntington Beach Personal injury lawyers at Kalfayan Merjanian represent clients on contingency. Essentially, this means we do not charge upfront attorney’s fees. Instead, we only get a fee if we secure a settlement or jury verdict for our client. Contingency fee agreements make it possible to afford a skilled attorney with no upfront cost.
Free Consultations with a Huntington Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
A consultation gives our lawyers a chance to hear your side of the story and analyze whether we think you have a case. Our consultations are always confidential and 100% free. There really is no risk. At the end of the consultation, you can decide whether to go to a different firm or hire us as your lawyer. Contact us today to schedule a time to meet.