Legal Protection from Product Liability
Under California state law, you are entitled to sue for compensation when you are injured by a defective product. Manufacturers are responsible for ensuring that the products they sell are safe to use. Depending on the type of product, they must include warnings concerning improper use and inform you of potential hazards. If you have been injured by a product, get an experienced California-based product liability attorney on your side.
The lawyers at Kalfayan Merjanian know how to win against these large product manufacturers. They have the experience to help you prove product liability by these companies and pursue the maximum fair settlement award through an insurance company negotiation or in court. Allow the lawyers at KM to help you win your product liability case.
Filing a Lawsuit
The lawyers at Kalfayan Merjanian can walk you through the steps of filing a product liability lawsuit. We understand California law and your legal rights. You can trust us to represent you fairly and fight for your lawful compensation. We will review your case for the following key elements:
- Proof that the product was unreasonably hazardous;
- Evidence that you have sustained some type of injury;
- A link between the product defect and your injury;
- If all three elements are in place, we may seek a settlement with an insurance company or take your case to a local court, such as Orange County.
Understanding Your Case
Generally, there are three main types of product liability cases:
- Failure to Warn: Many products must be carefully labeled with instructions for use. These instructions must provide warnings about hazards associated with improper use of the product. If the instructions negligently fail to warn of a product’s potential hazard, and you are injured as a result of that failure to warn, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries;
- Manufacturing Defects: Sometimes the defective product is the result of shoddy manufacturing. In this case, the problem may exist in only a handful of products or a couple of factory batches. Manufacturers have a duty to maintain quality control of their products at all times and may be liable if poor factory procedures result in defective products that cause injury. If you suspect a defective product has caused your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation and should have an experienced product liability attorney review your case. KM product liability attorneys fight for their clients throughout Southern California, including Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino County;
- Defective Design: The problem could be that the product design is just plain bad. Companies occasionally manufacture a product that can cause injury even when used properly. In California, it is the manufacturer’s responsibility to justify the product’s design and prove that it is safe for its intended use. If they cannot do this, they may liable for resulting injuries. If you have been injured by a product and you may have the right to receive financial compensation.
Getting the Job Done
Let the product liability attorneys at Kalfayan Merjanian represent you, whether you live in Riverside County or elsewhere in SoCal. We have the experience and expertise to get the job done.
No Fees Unless You Win
It’s common to be concerned about legal fees when considering an attorney for your personal injury. Our highly-rated lawyers at CA Trial Attorneys powered by Kalfayan Merjanian never charge a fee unless we reach a settlement on your behalf.
That’s right. Once you become a client, you do not owe us any legal fees unless we win your case.
Rest assured that you will never pay us a penny out of your own pocket until your case is successfully settled. This ensures that you can focus on recovering from your injuries without worrying about the cost of pursuing legal action.