California Trial Attorneys California Product Liability Lawyers
Manufacturers are required to ensure that anything they sell is safe for consumers to use. They must include warnings about any potential hazards as well as information on proper use of the product. If you are injured by a defective product that you used correctly, California law allows you to sue for damages. Having a product liability attorney on your side may help you to focus on your recovery and let the attorneys worry about maximizing compensation.
Large manufacturing companies have a lot of clout and money. Therefore they have a lot of power in product liability cases. Fortunately, the California product liability lawyers at Kalfayan Merjanian have the experience needed to go against these companies and represent their clients fairly.
The team has been successful both in negotiations with insurance companies and in the courtroom.
Filing a Lawsuit
The talented team of lawyers at Kalfayan Merjanian take their clients through the process of filing a product liability claim. As residents of California themselves, they have a thorough understanding of both local and state laws. Count on them to represent their clients fairly and to fight for their right to lawful compensation.
If you have been injured by a defective product, your lawyers will first assess your case to determine if it has merit. This step gives a clearer indication as to whether your claim can go forward and be filed. The lawyers you hire will look for the following elements:
- Proof that the product was unreasonably hazardous;
- Evidence that you have been injured;
- A clear link between the defective product and your injury;
If your attorneys can find all three elements, they may work with you to decide whether to seek a settlement with an insurance company or pursue your claim in court. The attorneys at Kalfayan Merjanian have experience in both negotiating settlements and arguing cases in court. They fight for their clients’ rights for damages either way.
Understanding Product Liability
Product liability cases generally fall under three main categories:
- Defective Design: Sometimes products are simply poorly designed. These products may cause injury when used properly, according to the manufacturer’s instructions. In California companies are required to prove that products are safe when used as intended. If they fail to do this, they may be liable for injuries sustained when using the product. Injuries caused by defective design may be eligible for financial damages.
- Manufacturing Defects: The product design may be fine, but there may be errors in the manufacturing process. This can result in a few defective factory batches before the mistake is noticed. Manufacturers are responsible for the products that leave their factories and are required by law to bring to market only goods that are safe for consumers to use. When poor factory oversight or protocols result in a product injury, you can call upon an experienced product liability attorney to investigate your claim.
- Failure to warn: Products must be labeled with warnings about any inherent dangers in the proper or improper use of the product. They must provide clear instructions about how to use the product safely. If the instructions are negligent and fail to warn of potential hazards, consumers injured by that product may be able to make a claim.
The product liability attorneys at Kalfayan Merjanian can answer questions you have about the process. They will take a look at your claim to help determine if you have a strong case. CA Trial Attorneys powered by Kalfayan Merjanian take pride in providing excellent customer service. If they accept you as a client, you will receive attention and care throughout the process.
No Fees Unless You Win
Many people don’t pursue their legal rights to damages for personal injury because they are concerned about legal fees. At Kalfayan Merjanian you will never be charged a fee until a settlement is reached on your behalf. Legal fees will only be collected when a case is won.
The team at Kalfayan Merjanian wants their clients to focus on their recovery without worrying about legal expenses. Rest assured Kalfayan Merjanian clients will get aggressive legal representation and care from start to finish.