Being prepared for any situation on the road ensures not only your safety, but the safety of your passengers. Part of being prepared on the road includes keeping essential items in your vehicle that may come to your rescue in lieu of an emergency. Here is a helpful list from The California Trial Attorneys on what items you should keep in your car:
- Jumper cables– when a battery dies, these jumper cables will come to yours or someone else’s rescue!
- First aid kit– for situations that require medical assistance prior to an ambulance showing up.
- Jack and lug wrench– these are the tools that you might need if you need to change a tire.
- A multitool device– this tool comes in handy when in a pinch! With so many different uses, this is an essential factor to your emergency preparedness.
- Blanket– a blanket could serve as a way to keep you warm after your car breaks down or as a way to keep your tools clean as you change a tire.
- Flashlight– for any emergency that occurs during the night, you can never go wrong with backup light.
- Hazard triangles/flares– for any emergency situation that occurs at night, staying visible is vital.
The California Trial Attorneys favor the idea of being prepared for the worst. Although following measures such as these ensures preparedness, accidents do happen. That’s why the California Trial Attorneys offer free consultations to assess your potential case and see if legal assistance is the best direction to go.